Hana 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Activity takes place:
- Outdoor activity, At a community location,
- During time period(s):
- Afterschool, Fall Intersession, Winter Intersession, Spring Intersession, Summer Intersession
- Agriculture, Culture, Health, Vocational
- Preschool, K-2, 3-5, Middle School (6-8), High School (9-12)
- Detailed Description:
- Hands-on training for all ages in growing, harvesting, and preparing organic food at community-built Mahele Farm.
- Schedule (Days/Times):
- Program times (community workdays):
Wednesdays, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. with potluck lunch
- Harvest from 8 - 10am, Farm Work from 10am - 3pm
- Volunteers are encouraged to put in at least two hours of age & experience-appropriate farm-related tasks and activities.
Sundays, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Farm Work from 3 - 4:30pm, Harvest and Share after.
- Farm Management asks that Sunday volunteers arrive before or at 3:00pm, and depart together after sharing harvest.
(Also open to student groups with appointment, M–F, all day)
- Additional Information
School-day visits must be coordinated by Hāna School teachers. For after-school or community participation, contact Farm Program Coordinator Mikala Minn at email@example.com.